[PASSED] MIP-23: $MNT Supply Optimization in Preparation for Launch

I saw your post a few days back but just now finding time to reply. Thanks for tagging me back with clarification, cateatpeanut. That’s good information. I wasn’t aware that there were alternate burn wallets for tokens without a burn function. Learn something new every day! Thanks again!

2 Likes

I agree. We will see a lot of new opportunities with mantle. The ecosystem is becoming large by the day too.

1 Like

Voting on this proposal has closed. MIP-23 has passed with 202,840,665 BIT voting YES and 904 BIT voting NO:

https://snapshot.org/#/bitdao.eth/proposal/0x8446404bd2dbd6a0b6b3a70dd2db64bd5b4a5408684aa93b263623fa0fdc0e85

With the passing of MIP-23, the following actions will be taken:

1. Non-conversion of 3 billion $BIT tokens: 3bln $BIT tokens currently held in Mantle Treasury will not be converted to $MNT. This decision will effectively reduce the fully diluted supply of $MNT at launch by 3bln tokens when compared to $BIT.

2. Non-converted $BIT tokens will be sent to the [nominated burn address]. For additional details on this address please refer to the following research article.

This thread will be archived. We’d like to thank the community for participating in Mantle governance!

1 Like

From my understanding, the 3B tokens will be burnt. However, i wang to know how this burning will affect BIT and i also trust that the community will gladly focus on the plans being put together by the foundation.

2 Likes

Good vibes. We are primed for the best experience with Mantle launch and its ecosystem. A lot of positivity here.

1 Like

We need another features for Mantle: an onchain fee burning mechanisn like Ethereum. It will be the blockchain platform’s standard feature, soon.

1 Like

Hey guys! Super happy to join a discussion! Have you thought about adding a direct purchase of $MNT token with Fiat for newcomers?