[ARCHIVED] Earn rewards securely through delegating a part of ETH treasury to direct non-custodial staking

Background

Since 2018, P2P Validator has been working on building the most secure staking products across multiple ecosystems, with the primary focus on Ethereum. P2P now operates across 50+ different networks, with more than $1.6B staked assets (June 2023 number). Recently, P2P introduced the permissionless staking dApp, which was warmly welcomed by the community, and helped multiple investors stake more that 154,080 ETH by the second quarter of 2023.

Being early supporters of ETH since its ICO, we have participated in all important testnets, were among the Wave0 validators for Lido, and have never had slashing events on any of the over 12,000 ETH nodes we maintain.

This document outlines a proposal from P2P Validator to use a part of Mantle’s ETH treasury to generate yields in the most secure way.

Proposal

Allocate a portion of Mantle’s treasury of 40k ETH to direct non-custodial staking with P2P

Fee structure:

• 0% validator fee on all staked ETH for the first 3 months after delegation
  • 4.5% validator fee on all staked ETH starting from the 4th month after delegation

Slashing coverage:

100% incident coverage with 10m. USD limit coverage (which, considering the size of the risk, is enough to cover a delegation of more than 100 million dollars in ETH) at no additional fee.

SLA:

We guarantee that Mantle will receive at least 99% of all the rewards they are entitled to. If the value of the rewards received becomes less than 99%, we will make up the difference. (Not to be confused with the Uptime SLA which is a wider metric that should not be applied if a certain percentage of real rewards is guaranteed. A provider may have 99.9% uptime, but still miss blocks and have incorrect attestations, and thus deliver less rewards, so a certain % of rewards guaranteed is a more advanced level of SLA)

Additional services and features:

• Geographically distributed infrastructure with backups of every node
  • Advanced validators’ keys management powered by Threshold cryptography
  • Multi-node setup with diversified consensus and execution nodes
  • 24/7 customer support and nodes monitoring
  • Custom reporting and dashboards

Why direct staking:

This is the most secure method for generating rewards:

• There are no additional smart contract risks
  • There are no AML risks, as the staked ETH doesn’t get mixed with ETH of other delegators
  • You have control over your staked ETH

Why with P2P

We stand out for its unrivaled technical prowess, obsessive security measures, and diligent financial stewardship, offering an unmatched level of security over the staked assets.

• We employ Threshold cryptography to secure validator keys. No one ever sees the keys; they are instantly created as shards using multiparty computation. Key managers are stationed on bare-metal servers that reside in physically isolated racks, locked by electronic mechanisms with access control and under constant video surveillance. Thus, we create an infrastructure that assures key safety by rendering physical access to the servers impossible. We have set up three racks containing key managers to maintain a 2 of 3 threshold. These racks are situated in various geographic regions’ Tier-3 data centres to provide disaster resilience.
    NOTE: Validator key is not a delegator’s private key. P2P is fully non-custodial and has no access to private keys of it’s delegators.
  • Every infrastructure element has a backup: the validator itself, CL and EL nodes
  • P2P offers slashing coverage not only from its own balance sheet but also from a professional insurer, RELM
  • In direct staking with P2P, the delegator has full control over the staked ETH:

a. The withdrawal address is controlled by the delegator themselves.

b. Even before the validators are activated, the delegator receives a Voluntary Exit Message (VEM), which allows for withdrawal independent of P2P

Control over the withdrawal address + control over VEM = full control over the delegated ETH, which cannot be achieved with other staking options.

P2P performance (APR and Effectiveness rating) is above the market:

• P2P always ranks at the top in terms of APR and Effectiveness rating based on Rated.network
  • Our APR for the last 30 days versus the market APR for the same period: 5.18% (P2P) VS 4.33% (Market average)

Risk and control

22 Likes

Has anyone from the Mantle team seen and reacted to this proposal? Not knowing who Dima Sheman is, I’m assuming that they are a representative of P2P Validator, but on what level? I see that the discussion is 11 days old and there have been no previous comments. Has any of this been discussed in the Mantle Discord server? Thanks.

@0xSteady hello ser. I am a business development team lead at P2P

I see. Nice to meet you. I don’t see that there have been any others to reply at this point. It might be because Lido is coming after Mantle’s ETH hoard. And with Mantle’s discussion around LSD’s/LST’s, I smell a “strategic partnership” coming down the pipeline. Have you received any other interaction?

1 Like

@0xSteady likewise ser. There is a proposal authored by Cateatpeanut [DISCUSSION] Mantle Economics Committee, and ETH Staking Strategies where staking to Tier 1 node operators as a part of the treasury management strategy is proposed and I believe P2P could be one of these Tier 1 node operators.
What are your thought on it?

For sure. I think you’re up against Lido at this point though. I don’t know that they’re only in discussion with Lido though. Did you listen to the recent AMA with Mantle and Lido DAO on the 28th? Here is the link if you weren’t able to attend: https://twitter.com/LidoFinance/status/1684911598010302464?s=20
Listen in and tell me what you think. Have you made contact with anyone in the Mantle Governance? I think it would be beneficial to reach out directly at this point or you may get frontrun. Just my suggestion.

@DimaShmeman, In keeping with the guidelines of the forum , this discussion will be archived for the following reasons:

• The discussion has not received a comment for over two weeks.
  • The post has not received support from delegates, large token holders, or core development teams.